CALL ME



powered by www.clicksaya.com

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

MONDAY DRAG...

MONDAY, on my way home after work, my 3 year old van had a fluke of a breakdown. I was driving around 110 kph when right at the center of the highway I felt no surge when I was stepping the accelerator… my engine was not running. Seeing the next ramp ahead of me, I maneuvered towards the emergency service lane along the exit. From there, I stepped out of the car to arrange for a tow truck to bring my car to my mechanic and asked a friend the big favor of driving me home. Not only did I hitch a ride home, I even hitched on a Chinese food dinner treat intended for their visitor from Manila... call that DOUBLE GRACE!

On hind sight, that could have been my last driving stint if by any chance the usual rampaging trucks were behind me. Thank God for another day and the thought is enough to console me after picking up my van and the tab from the auto repair shop today. I told my office mate this morning that God still have some mission for me to do thus He guided me to safety and just before she completed her full agreement, I told her that part of the mission is to spend more on my car and keep the auto shop in business where her husband is the chief mechanic.

Seriously though, if we really think about the daily dangers we face each day, you wonder how we sometimes never give importance on what is eternal. I asked some folks when to their opinion ETERNITY will begin… the common response of course are mostly based on eschatology or prophecies and how they are interpreted. Many think that eternity is some time in the far future… well, incidents like what I was in yesterday gives me a closer look and the reality is that had I not made it out safely from the highway... ETERNITY would have arrived for me... READY or NOT!

Just a thought!


James 4:13-14

13 Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone.


No comments: